- About Church
- Contact Us
The Saint James supported ecumenical campus ministry open to all students at WWU, will be hosting David Buerge on Nov 20th from 6:30pm-7:30pm, to talk about Housing Hope and community outreach! It will be on campus at Artnzen Hall, room 41. All are cordially invited. For more information, please contact Carolyn Trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are trying something new for the ADVENT FESTIVAL this year. We are gathering for wreath making, ginger bread houses, and carols beginning at noon on Sunday, December 7. We will begin collecting “greens” for wreaths on Sunday, November 30. Come join the celebration of happy expectation. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
- Has budgeted $24,950 for 2014 for mission service projects in our community and beyond
- Is helping homeless families by committing $10,000 over three years through our general fund to support Our House, a triplex for homeless families in Ferndale
- Became solar panel partners by giving an additional $5,600, working with Western Solar and Itek Energy to install solar panels at Our House.
- Gave an additional $5,000 in 2014 to three helping organizations in our county (Bellingham Food Bank, Lighthouse Mission, and Northwest Youth Services) in response to a member’s bequest.
- Is dedicated to supporting peace and justice issues around the world
- Has a Pastor who serves on the Board of Directors of Progressive Christian Voices campus ministry at WWU and is the Vice President/President Elect of the Interfaith Coalition
-Supported yoga and fitness classes with $3960 of designated gifts
-Gave special offerings for disaster relief and General Assembly missions totaling $5,154.
Total of all Mission and Social Action support from the budget, bequest and special offerings for 2014 is over $40,980!
Saint James Presbyterian Church is a beacon on the hill where the people respond to the opportunities that God sets before us. We celebrate our rich past as we continue our journey into the future together. We worship the triune God in our beautiful, traditional sanctuary with music, prayer and learning from the word of God. We joyfully welcome youth and young families into our intergenerational and loving community of faith, nurturing relationships that bridge our differences. We are witnesses to God's presence and the grace of Jesus Christ as we address social justice issues locally and internationally through education and action. We are open and affirming, welcoming all to join us in discipleship.
Our Sunday morning church service and sermon lessons are made available on the web for the home-bound as well as for those who are curious about the living teachings of Saint James Presbyterian Church.
We hope that you will join us in worship on Sundays whenever you can.